TOUCH FOOTY WORLD CUP
AFI is pleased to confirm that the Touch Footy World Cup will return to Melbourne in March 2024.
All teams are mixed (men & women) and all matches are non-contact.
The inaugural Touch Footy World Cup was held in Melbourne in 2021.
2023 Champions: Switzerland (Division 1), Netherlands (Division 2), El Salvador (Division 3)
2022 Champions: Switzerland (Division 1), Nepal (Division 2)
2021 Champions: Haiti (Division 1), Mexico (Division 2)
- The tournament will be played on one day.
- 12 national teams (representing Melbourne’s multicultural communities).
- 9-a-side (maximum of 15 players per squad).
- Matches will commence every 30 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere.
- Each match will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, plus 2 minutes for half-time.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event.
- Each team will play in their national colours.
- The top two teams shall advance to the Grand Final in each Division.
For more information, and to register, please visit the Australian Football International website.