AFI is pleased to confirm that the World 9s will be returning to Melbourne in February 2024.
- 18 national teams (representing Melbourne’s multicultural communities).
- 3 x Playing Fields.
- 3 Divisions – Division 1, Division 2 and Women’s.
- 9-a-side (maximum of 15 players per squad).
- Matches will commence every 40 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere.
- Each match consists of 2 x 15 minute halves, plus 3 minutes for half-time.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event.
- Each team will play in their national colours.
- 3 Grand Finals – Division 1, Division 2 and Women’s.
For more information, and to register, please visit the Australian Football International website.